Monday 7 November 2011

Freya "Lyla": Another Sad Sizing Story

I was just enjoying looking through blog posts on some of my favorite blogs Invest In Your Chest and Fuller Figure Fuller Bust about a lingerie show featuring Freya bras, among other brands. As I made overly clear in my earlier post Why I Hate Freya, I am not the biggest fan of Freya bras overall . But when I caught a glimpse of the new version of the Lyla in this Hazelnut shade, I fell in love.


Something about this color just sings to me—it’s so warm and unusual. I love the idea of sheer bras, they’re sexy and elegant at the same time. And the design on this bra looks like POPPIES and SNOWFLAKES. I have wanted a snowflake bra since the tender age of fourteen.

I got all excited, thinking I would buy this bra when it comes out, since I knew the Lyla goes up to a J cup and I would need a 28J. But then suddenly I got a nagging feeling that I was getting my hopes up only to be let down…


Well, I was right! Here’s the size range. I literally did a double take of unpleasant shock when I saw it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a size range so inclusive in most band sizes while being so severely limited in a 28. Hats off to you, Freya, for once more making me feel like I don’t exist.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to add to the disappointment... I tried the Lyla in a 30FF and 30F and the band was huge! I've had 32's that fit tighter. I'm normally a 30 in Panache. Besides the band being big, the cups gave a strange shape. Nice from the front, but very cone like from the side. My guess is that a 28G would fit better, but I almost don't feel bothered to try because of the shape.

    This was the second Freya bra I've tried, and it also let me down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So disappointing to hear the band runs loose... I wish it could be the opposite. I had a similar experience trying on the Nieve balconette--one of the loosest bands I've ever found and a strange shape. It's such a shame as so many women really need a tight fitting band to get the proper support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( I'm definitely going to look into this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when this happens... I need a GG cup and a 28 back, is it too much trouble to include GG+ cups when they do it for all the other back sizes? *fumes*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a truly odd size range!
    "Big bodies can't have small boobs! Small bodies can't have small boobs! But they can't have big boobs either! Bwahahaha" (I am sure no one at Freya actually did the evil laugh, but it just seemed fitting!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, it's a pity they don't have all sizes.. at the moment I think Panache can give better support and style anyway, also with sport bras. definitely my fav

    ReplyDelete